Fruit of the Spirit // Intro
The fruit of the spirit scripture is one of my favorites. Especially a favorite to teach to kids! You can even see a little fun, free printable HERE. So for today and the next 9 days, let’s dive into this scripture with our kids. Hopefully, there’s a few extra mamas and littles diving into this learning. I’m excited for us to learn more. And let’s be real…which of us couldn’t use a little more harvesting of these fruits in our lives and homes?!?! I know that I need them all day every day.
Read: Galatians 5:22-23
- Author // Paul
- Date // 49 AD
- Recipients // Churches in Galatia. But there’s disagreement about if these are churches in North or South Galatia
- Purpose // To combat false teachings and educate the church to do the same.
- Fruit gives us the image of harvest. As we cultivate a life like Christ, the Spirit produces the fruit that is reaped in the harvest.
- Love // intense feeling of deep affection
- Joy // feeling of great pleasure and happiness
- Peace // freedom from disturbance
- Patience // capacity to tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting upset
- Kindness // quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate
- Goodness // quality of being morally good or virtuous
- Faithfulness // quality of being faithful
- Gentleness // quality of being kind, tender, or mild-mannered
- Self-Control // ability to control oneself
Discuss with Kids :
- Which fruit of the spirit would be easiest to show others?
- Which fruit of the spirit is the hardest to show others?
- What’s your favorite fruit to snack on?
- What is your least favorite fruit to eat? Why? Is it the taste? Texture? Color?