A goal for the world, both believers and nonbelievers, would probably be for peace. That beauty pageant cliche answer about world peace isn’t just a made up thing, it’s something that would be amazing. Wouldn’t it? Since we can’t really make world peace happen, what about peace in our homes? What about peace in our own hearts and minds?
Read: Galatians 5:22-23
Context: See Intro
- Webster // freedom from disturbance; tranquility
- Greek // εἰρήνη, eirēnē
- Hebrew // shalom
- Paul is describing the fruit of the spirit peace as to how we should live with one another.
- Throughout the New Testament, eirene describes harmonious relationships between men, nations, friends, states, churches, and how the gospel provides this relationship for man & God.
- This type of peace can also describe contentment for an individual
Discuss with Kids :
- How can we live in peace?
- How can we help create peace in our home?
- What would happen if everyone was at peace?
- What causes you to not feel at peace?
- How can we accept the peace that God promises?