[Lacey Reads] : July Books
Unfortunately I didn’t accomplish the reading that I really wanted to do this month. We had some hiccups during this month which led to more driving than reading. I did get to catch up on some of what I wanted and I’m excited to get to read more next month.
- You’re Made for a God-sized Dream by Holley Gerth. This is the second book by Holley that I’ve read and they were both fantastic. She has a way of writing that I feel more of a conversation rather than me just reading about her. She’s a godly, she’s inspiring, and she’s motivational. That’s truly what every woman needs to read about. I would definately recommend this book. It would also be a great gift to any woman in your life.
- Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst. I’ll be honest…I’m not quiet done with this book. Almost but not there yet. So far I like the book. It’s brought up some points that have really made me think. Yes, it’s about food and what you’re craving…which sort of makes me crave food more. 🙂 But since I’ve been working out and trying to eat better, this book is a great addition to my knowledge.
- Walking with God by John Eldredge. Our community group decided that this summer we would read this book and do the study that goes with it. Ummm….HELLO GREAT IDEA. This book rocked my world. I read ahead, I couldn’t stop. We still have about 6 weeks left but I can use that time to go back and look at what I really liked about what he says. A relationship with God is so important and he shares his story and how to learn from it. The study that goes along side is great. It’s really making us all think. Some of his questions have left us speechless. (That’s not easy…we’re a group of ~15 women.) If you are looking for a way to deepen your relationship with God, check this book out.
What’s up for next month???
- Probably one of James Patterson’s newer books. A little guilt pleasure.
- From Good to Great
- Start Something that Matters
- Jesus is _____.
What are you reading??? Let me know because I’d love to read more. Remember check out the hastag #laceyreads on Instagram and Twitter to see what I’m reading weekly. If you want to see previous [Lacey Reads] posts click HERE.