Fruit of the Spirit // Joy
The fruit of joy seems easier to describe as happiness. But there are differences between the two. Not an easy to explain difference, especially to kiddos. Joy is a choice and isn’t dependent upon circumstances. You can feel joyful even in sad situations because you choose it!
Read: Galatians 5:22-23
Context: See Intro
- Webster // a feeling of great pleasure and happiness.
- Greek word // χαρά, chara [khar-ah‘]
- The action/verb of joy is to rejoice
- 2 Corinthians 7:4
- Philippians 4:1
- 1 Thessalonians 2:19
Discuss with Kids :
- What difference can you see from happy and joy?
- Worship together and REJOICE // Spotify Worship Playlist
- What is something that we can be joyful about no matter what is going on in our life? This gives the opportunity to be grateful and joyful about things even when bad things happen.