Fruit of the Spirit // Self-Control
Probably the hardest fruit of the Spirit to work on. Probably the one that we truly need the most; the one that can contribute to the ability to use the other fruits too! Maybe that’s why Paul saved it for last.
Read: Galatians 5:22-23
Context: See Intro
- Webster // ability to control oneself
- Greek // ἐγκράτεια, enkrateia
- Strength with temperament
- This fruit is a “what comes first” situation. Self-control isn’t possible, without the help of the Holy Spirit.
Discuss with Kids :
- Why do we need self-control?
- What behaviors do we need to focus on controlling?
- Can we control others? NO!
- How do we gain self-control? Only by the Holy Spirit living and working inside of us.