Homemade Bread // Lacey Cooks
Nothing is better than freshly made homemade bread, right? I’ve been trying some new recipes and I think I’ve discovered the best recipe for us. I enjoy making loaves of bread but I got a proofing basket recently and I’m obsessed with making these round loaves. Plus it works well with adding tons of herbs fresh from the garden.
Homemade Herb Bread
Write a review
2 hr 30 min
2 hr 30 min
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 ¼ tsp Active Dry Yeast
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tsp Fresh Herbs of your choice
- Combine sugar, water, and yeast in a bowl. Let sit until bubbles form.
- In a stand mixer bowl (or medium bowl) mix together flour, salt, oil, and yeast mixture.
- Use dough hook of mixer to knead for 5 minutes. If the mixture is too sticky, add in flour a little at a time.
- Place dough in proofing basket or bowl and cover with towel. Allow to rise until dough has doubled in side.
- Once risen, transfer to baking dish. Either onto cookie sheet, dutch oven, or loaf pan. Allow to rise for 30 more minutes.
- Once second rise is complete, use a sharp knife to cut 3-4 slices. You can even make beautiful designs.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Slightly cool, slice, and enjoy!
Lacey Rabalais https://laceyrabalais.com/