Best Toddler Truck Books
Truck books. I think we’re read a million. Ok, maybe not a million but at least a few hundred. We had to change search topics at the library so we could mix in some other books besides just trucks because we were running out. More on how we use the library soon!
- Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle – The first and original truck book in our home. His 2nd birthday party was themed after this book and we seriously read this book everyday (sometimes 2-3 times) for over a year.
- Digger Man by Andrea Zimmerman – My mom got N this book before L came along. It talks about the main character playing with his little brother. There’s also a fire engine and train book by these authors. We have them picked for holds at the library for next week.
- Noisy Trucks by Tiger Tales – This is a simple book with buttons that make the noises that the trucks make. This is not a good book for your child to read in the backseat of your car unless you are aware. If not aware, you will think you are going to be run over by a big rig or that there is a fire truck coming your way.
- This is the Firefighter by Laura Godwin – This is actually a library book that we have renewed 3 times. It’s simple and easy to understand with pictures that are factual but not alarming for kids. Too bad we have to return this book next week. I’m guessing we will check it out again soon.
- Trucks by Roger Priddy – This is a flap book that I bought and stored to give to N during times when I was nursing L. It worked great. He was excited to have a new book and it still keeps him very interested. He loves looking under the flaps and learned about what could be hidden in compartments on different types of trucks.
- Whose Truck? by Toni Buzzeo – Each page unfolds to show you more about who drives a certain type of truck.
If you have any favorite books, let me know! We love books, especially ones about trucks!