Delivering dinner might be a good gift, but if you know a mama with a fresh babe, this is the ultimate and most caring thing you can do. It’s a great idea to make a meal calendar Take Them A Meal and Meal Train seem to be some of the most frequently used. It’s fairly easy, you sign up the family and share the link, then everyone signs up then delivers.
Once you’ve got your date, you’ll need a food idea. I have a few ideas that are my go tos for this. Pioneer Woman’s Penne a la Betsy or a variation is my go to. But I try to do a little extra. From personal history, I know that it’s hard to get everyone up and cleaned and nursed and fed and actually fed yourself. With an excess amount of eggs, I generally make a breakfast casserole too. Anyone can reheat and eat quickly and it holds some good nutritional substance.
After being on the receiving end of a meal train, I learned what seemed extra nice. So I keep adding things and try to be extra thoughtful.
These are just some ideas……
- Meal for the whole family
- Bagged salad
- Bread from the bakery (you know, by the deli)
- Cookies (great idea to have cookie dough in the freezer to make an easy batch of goodies)
- Jug of tea
- DISPOSABLE DISHES // I’ve started adding in a small stack of paper plates, cups, and utensils.
- Coloring book // For mama and/or for siblings
Obviously, if you did all of this that’s a lot. But anything to help a mama is so thoughtful.
If you’d like to add that tag to your gift, it’s a simple click away! Just print, cut, and sign!