Fruit of the Spirit // Kindness
Who doesn’t think we need a little more kindness in the world? What a world it would be if we could all be more empathetic and merciful. Just driving to and from the grocery store would be more pleasant. Digging into these fruits has been, for lack of better words, fruitful. Looking at what the original words and meanings are can help us to comprehend what biblical authors truly wanted the people of God to know.
Read: Galatians 5:22-23
Context: See Intro
- Webster // quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate
- Greek // χρηστότης , chrēstotēs
- Can be described as goodness in action
Discuss with Kids :
- When is it easy to show kindness?
- How do you feel when someone is kind to you?
- What makes kindness difficult? (This is a great chance to discuss differences in lifestyles/beliefs and how we can be kind and empathetic to others)
- What is the kindest thing someone has done for you lately?
- Can you think of a story that shows how God is kind? An easy time to add in talks of grace and mercy!