Thank you to Little Fishkopp for sponsoring this post. This post may contain affiliate links. All reviews and opinions are mine.
As a mom, when kids don’t sleep, you search. Google. Pinterest. There are literally a million or two articles filled with tips or what to do and what not to do. Do you know how I know this? Because that mom, it was me. When Nate was born and then again when Lincoln was born. Then again at every change to the sleep. So pretty much every other week, there’s something to figure out.
The one thing that’s for sure is that safety is a priority. Then the questions about back or stomach, sleepy but awake, how low vs high is the crib mattress…and on and on and on. I can’t answer all the questions. I can only control the environment of where they sleep.
So what steps have we taken to make the sleep environment best?!? The room is pretty basic. Crib, chair, ottoman, rug, dresser, cube storage. It stays organized and picked up because we think that less clutter and chaos can hopefully help with sleep. There’s a crib sheet on the bed and I’ve been nervous about blankets. He doesn’t stay put so a blanket would just be tangle and suffocation hazard. Enter the sleep sack. Also, know as the sleeping bag.
As our little chunk has grown, he outgrew his previous size. Thankfully, Little Fishkopp stepped in and solved our issue! This is the best thing ever. Not only is the color and pattern really cute, but the softness is wonderful.
“A Little Fishkopp sleep bag is a safer alternative to loose blankets. It helps babies sleep safe and sound and gives parents peace of mind. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the use of baby sleep bags instead of blankets to keep a baby warm.
Why Use a Baby Sleep Bag?Here’s why baby sleep bags are gaining popularity among parents:
- Safer and sounder sleep. Baby sleep bags are a modern solution to the problem posed by loose blankets that can cover a baby’s face and interfere with breathing. Sleep bags can make an important contribution to reducing the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
- Warmth and comfort all night. Because a sleep bag can’t be kicked off, your little one stays warm and snug all night.
- Avoid overheating. Sleeveless and roomy design allows baby to move freely and air to circulate.
- Great bedtime routine. Just zip up the sleep bag, and your baby knows it’s time to sleep -anywhere, anytime.
- Taming adventurous toddlers. Wearing a sleep bag helps keep a little one from climbing out of the crib or getting feet stuck between the crib bars.”